- Review this week’s Learning Resources and the “Correlation” tutorial focusing on the types of research questions that can be answered using a correlational statistic.
- Brainstorm a number of health care delivery or nursing practice problems that could be explored using correlational statistics. Then, select one problem on which to focus for this Discussion.
- Formulate a research question to address the problem and that would lead you to employ correlational statistics.
- Develop a null hypothesis and alternate hypotheses.
- Ask yourself: What is the expected direction of the relationship?
- Chapter 23, “Using Statistics to Examine Relationships”
- Chapter 4, “Bivariate Description: Crosstabulation, Risk Indexes, and Correlation” (pp. 59–61 and 68–78)
- Chapter 9, “Correlation and Simple Regression” (pp. 197–209)