<![CDATA[Based on your review of the Web site, select one of the ten regions of the EPA to evaluate its collaboration with other agencies in the event of an environmental disaster. Then, respond to the following:
- Briefly describe an environmental disaster that has occurred in the region you selected. Include an example of how the EPA collaborated with another agency or agencies in the response.
- Evaluate the success of the collaboration.
- Examine the response for any deficiencies.
- Recommend strategies to improve the environmental disaster response.
- Takeda, M. (2011). Mental health care and East Japan Great Earthquake. Psychiatry & Clinical Neurosciences, 65(3), 207–212. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1819.2011.02220.x (Web of Science Accession Number: WOS:000289740400001)
- Which mental health agencies responded immediately to the Japanese earthquake?
- What were the barriers that prevented an immediate and effective response?
- Which long-term needs of the people have been affected by the earthquake?
- What resources are in place to address their mental health needs?