OpenEMR is a free and open-source electronic health records and medical practice management application. It is ONC certified, and it features fully integrated electronic health records, practice management, scheduling, electronic billing, internationalization, free support, a vibrant community, and a whole lot more.
To get started, visit:
- Access the Open Access Demo EHR
- Access the EHR using two different user roles (Admin, physician, clinician, accountant, receptionist, or patient portal)
- Use the username, password, and e-mail indicated on the demo site if choosing the patient portal
- Provide a brief 1-page comparison of the different information and accessibility for the three different users. Why is it important for different users to have different access? How does this affect and/or protect patients? Does this affect the quality of care?
- As an appendix, include one screenshot of each of the two different users
- Worth 5% of total course grade
To make project 1.3 more user friendly I have included the passwords below to access the open EHR.
|physician||physician||Physician (more access than clinician)|
|clinician||clinician||Clinician (less access than physician)|
|receptionist||receptionist||Front desk receptionist|
Patient Portal Perspective
The portal links are below the user name and password information on the main access page. I logged in this morning and attached an example of the Open Access EHR in administrator role.