M2 Assignment 1 Discussion
Cadet Selection Procedure and FFDE
Click here to study a vignette.
Dr. Johnson is entrusted with the evaluation of the police’s cadet selection procedure.
On the basis of the vignette you read, analyze the vignette and respond to the following questions regarding the PEPE process:
· Should the department attempt to select individuals who will be good officers, or should the department simply try to weed out potentially bad officers?
· How should this selection process be conducted, and what psychological testing instruments, if any, should be included?
Now, let’s look at a procedure that may be necessary following employment—an FFDE:
· Explain how informed consent and the limits of confidentiality should be handled by the forensic examiner.
· Explain how an FFDE is conducted. Include discussion of psychological tests that might be administered in an FFDE.
· Present the possible outcomes of an FFDE. In other words, what might the examiner recommend to the police department?
All responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.
· By the due date assigned, post your responses to this Discussion Area.
· Through by the end of the module, respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts. While responding, compare the similarities and differences between what you have constructed and what your classmates have.
|Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Quality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment instructions||16|
|Quality of responses to classmates||12|
|Frequency of responses to classmates||4|
|Reference to supporting readings and other materials||4|
|Language and grammar||4|