Research has little value if there is no experiments to collect the data to help validating a solution to the original problem. The data gathered must be examined and properly analyzed to understand the results. Therefore, one of critical steps in any scientific research is to design and develop a set of suitable experiments.
For this assignment, you will continue working on the project with the focus on the Research Methodology. You will define the relevant concepts and theoretical foundations that you will used in the design of the experiments to collect data in order to answer the research question, along with the requirements and detailed procedures of the experiments.
The following are the project deliverables:
- Update the Computer Science Problem-Solving Research Project Report document title page with a new date and project name.
- Update the previously completed sections based on instructor feedback.
- New Content for Week 3:
- 3. Research Methodology
- 3.1 Research Matters
- Define everything including terminology, testing metrics, assumptions, system set up, or lab environment, etc. that may help the readers to understand the experiments that you are designing in order to collect data to answer the research question.
- 3.2 Experiment Design
- 3.2.1 Experiment Requirements
- Define all the requirements and constraints the experiments must follow. Also explain the rationale of each requirement or constraint.
- 3.2.2 Experiment Procedures
- Define the detailed working procedures of the experiments. Using some graphic presentation such as some of UML Diagrams is highly recommended.
- Be sure to update your table of contents before submission.