To prepare for this Assignment,
- Complete the Life Expectancy Calculator assessment (http://mym.cdn.laureate-media.com/2dett4d/Walden/HLTH/2115/CH/mm/lifeexpectancy/content/hlth2115_lec.html) and reflect on your results. Consider how accurate you think the results are. Note any results that surprised you.
- Reflect on the information in this week’s Learning Resources, including the video, “Determinants of Health: A Framework for Reaching Healthy People 2020 Goals.” Consider some of the behaviors, habits, and modifiable risk factors that may impact your future health.
- Review the websites in this week’s Learning Resources and other credible sources of health information. Identify strategies for improving your health and addressing your modifiable risk factors.
- Consider the models and theories of health behavior change presented in the readings. Think of some short- and long-term goals related to your health and longevity toward which you could work on a daily basis.
- Summarize your results from the Life Expectancy Calculator assessment and analyze your initial reactions to those results.
- Describe at least three modifiable risk factors that may impact your life expectancy. Describe strategies you could use to address these factors and improve your daily health practices.
- Formulate one long-term goal and one short-term goal that you think will increase your life expectancy and reduce your risk of contracting preventable diseases. Explain how you will hold yourself accountable for the realization of those goals and how you will track your progress.