Stress is defined as the body’s reaction to mental or physical demands. Coping skills are used to deal with stress.
- Describe one of the theoretical views regarding stress. Briefly describe some of the strengths and weaknesses of the theory related to what you have observed or experienced in your own life.
- Provide some examples of psychological and physical stressors that you have observed or experienced.
- Explain the differences between stressors related to short-term life events and chronic life stressors.
- Briefly describe the different types of coping skills.
- Explain which type of copings skills, though not actually harmful, can cause more stress in the long run?
Justify your answers with appropriate reasoning and research from your text and course readings.
Bjorklund, B. L., & Bee, H. L. (2014). Journey of Adulthood (8th ed.) Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education, Inc. (ISBN: 9780205970759)