Write a 3–5 page paper in which you:
- Select a health care setting within which to implement an electronic medical record product. Be as specific as possible.
- Examples of health care delivery settings are as follows: a small community hospital, a rural primary care clinic, a home health agency, a medical unit within a correctional facility, a large multi-facility urban hospital system, or a specialty physician’s office such as oncology or endocrinology.
- Consider choosing a setting that you currently work in or would like to work in later on in your career.
- Describe this health care setting, the patient population it serves, the volume of patients that it serves, the needs of the setting, etc.
- Identify a health care Information System to meet the needs of this facility.
- Provide details regarding whether there is a vendor who offers such a system or whether a custom solution needed.
- Include the all necessary elements in the proposal:
- Capabilities of the system.
- How the system aligns with the needs of the health care facility.
- Initial and maintenance costs of the system.
- Staff needs to support the system.
- The timeline and plan for implementation of the system.
- The strategy for introducing staff to the system.
- How to get buy-in and cooperation.
- How to provide training.
- How privacy, security, and confidentiality will be maintained.
- Identify 3–5 potential barriers in implementing the system and describe how you would work around those barriers.
- Use the Strayer Library to find at least three academic resources. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites are not considered quality references.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Propose healthcare Information Systems for a facility in terms of setting, constituents’ needs, and mitigation of barriers.