Students in General Psychology courses
will write a 3 to 5-page research paper on a Social Responsibility issue.
1. Social responsibility includes the engagement of each person towards the community where (s)he lives, works or goes to school.
a. Examples are taking part in cleaning up the street by picking up trash regularly where you live, taking part in an organization or an event, rendering social services to children or older adults, etc. Participating in activities like recycling, clubs you belong too, volunteering (such as Service Learning), mentoring and making it a lifestyle.
b. Every individual has a responsibility to act in a manner that is useful to society and not solely to the individual.
2. You will use APA formatting and the total assignment should be no more than five pages. The body of the paper will contain five paragraphs, and each paragraph will contain 3 to 5 sentences. Do NOT triple space the cover page, paragraphs or headings. Use spell and grammar check.
a. Paragraph 1 will be the introduction;
b. paragraph 2 will be RESEARCH (header) on how one should adjust one’s actions to interact with someone from another culture successfully;
c. paragraph 3 you will create a chart on the statistics you found as well as explain your findings on 3; ( Dog adoption rate, )
d. paragraph 4 will contain CRITICAL THINKING (header) which should be about how your attitude or beliefs have changed, especially with diverse people or your private life and the insights you have gained from what you have learned;
3. The final page should have the word, References, centered at the top of the page.
a. Be sure to cite your references in your document as well as the Reference page.
Do NOT copy and paste into this paper. Use your own words.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Essays containing plagiarized material will automatically earn a grade of zero. If you are not familiar with the concept of plagiarism, please visit the Academic Skills Center.
Grading Criteria (100 points total):
1. 30 pts. – Fulfillment of assignment “Objective” described above.
2. 40 pts. – Creativity and genuineness in conceiving, designing and executing your project.
3. 10 pts. – Table or graph with explanation of research found
4. 10 pts. – Clearly written paper (introduction, organization of ideas and conclusion)
5. 10 pts. – Grammar, Spelling and following the “Paper Format” instructions above.
Running Head: APA Paper According to 6th Edition 1
APA Paper According to 6th Edition (centered on page, DS)
Name of Student
Shortened Title up to 50 characters 2
Write a brief (between 150 and 250 words) summary of your paper in an accurate, concise, and specific manner.
Shortened Title up to 50 characters 4
Cummings, J. N., Butler, B., & Kraut, R. (2002). The quality of online social relationships. Communications of the ACM,
Last Name, F. M. (Year). Article Title. Journal Title, Pages From – To.
Last Name, F. M. (Year). Book Title. City Name: Publisher Name.
Shortened Title up to 50 characters 3
[Title Here, up to 12 Words, on One to Two Lines]
The body of your paper uses a half-inch first line indent and is double-spaced. APA style provides for up to five heading levels, but we will use four headings for this paper. Note that the word Introduction should not be used as an initial heading, as it’s assumed that your paper begins with an introduction.
Information about subject. Cite your reference in your document in the following way (Last Name, Year).
Explain the table or graph you have created above on the statistics you found as well as explain your findings on three countries.
Explain how your attitude or beliefs have changed, especially with diverse people or your private life and the insights you have gained from what you have learned.
Conclusion – do not use as a header.
Forbidden in schools USA Mexico Japan 4.3 2.5 3.5 Can use anywhere USA Mexico Japan 2.4 4.4000000000000004 1.8